1. Jumping forward
1. Place 2 yoga bricks at the front part of the mat. Aligned the brick with the edge of the mat ( place a towel in front of the mat for legs to slide through) Come to Downward Facing Dog pose
2. Inhale and jump forward, cross at the shines and land your sole on the towel. Contract and lift your abdomen, press your hands down on the brick.
3. Keep inhaling, straighten the legs forward, hip above the ground. Continue pressing down on the brick. Exhale and relax. ( repeat 5 times )
After some practices, try without using the brick
2. Practice L shapes arms support ( preparation for jumping through)
1.Sit in Staff pose, straighten both legs and keep both legs together. Sit in between the brick , place your hands on the brick.
2.Inhale, contract and lift the abdomen, press down on the bricks, lift the hip up and backward. Stay here for 5 breathes. Exhale and release. (repeat 5 times, lift the hip higher each time)
3. Practice lift with crossed legs I ( preparation for jumping through)
1.Cross at the shins, knees close to the chest. Place both hands on the bricks
2.Inhale, push the hand down, lift and contract the abdomen, keep the heels and hip above the ground. Stay here for 5 breathes. Exhale and let go. ( Repeat 5 times ). At the last attempt, try to lift up and straighten the legs while keeping the heels and hip above the ground
4. Practice lift with crossed legs II ( preparation for jumping through)
1.Knees on the mat while cross at the shins. Place a brick in between the thighs and hands on the brick.
2.Inhale, lift and contract the abdomen, press down on the brick while keeping the feet and knees above the ground. Keep knees very close to the chest. Stay here for 5 breathes. Exhale and release ( Repeat 5 times )
5. Complete Jumping backward
1.Cross at the shins, place both hands on the bricks.
2.Inhale and lift the knees, feet and hip
3.Continue inhalation, hands and abdomen engaged, shoulder move forward and downward. Lift the hip and go backward.
For beginners, allowing the legs to tap on the ground
Exhale, go backward to Four-limbed staff pose